Cookies are only installed in the user’s browser with their authorization. If you wish to revoke this authorization, consult the section Can cookies be deleted? further down in this document.
Information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small and harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page.
Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc.
The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the web to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced. Although many people do not know it, cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
What type of cookies are there?
According to its purpose
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to navigate and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements of an order, register for an event, use security features, share content through social networks, etc.
- Personalization cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria such as language, browser type, regional configuration from where they access, etc.
- Analysis cookies : They allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior. The information collected is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create user navigation profiles, in order to introduce improvements.
- Advertising cookies : They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
According to who manages them
- Own cookies : they are those managed by the page you are visiting, even if they have been installed by an external service
- Third-party cookies : are those generated and managed by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
According to its duration
- Session cookie: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so that none is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience by improving the content and making it easier to use.
- Permanent cookie : They are stored on the hard drive and our website reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent cookie has a certain expiration date and will stop working after that date. We generally use them to facilitate purchase and registration services. are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
The cookies used on our website are session and third-party cookies, and allow us to store and access information related to the language, the type of browser used, and other general characteristics predefined by the user, as well as to follow and analyze the activity. carried out, in order to introduce improvements and provide our services in a more efficient and personalized way.
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. Those that expire when the user closes the browser. Those that expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the services of MONDRAGON SISTEMAS DE INFORMACION S. COOP) or when they are manually deleted.
|__utma||From Third Parties (Google Analytics)||2 years||It is used to distinguish users and sessions.||Not Exempt|
|__utmb||From Third Parties (Google Analytics)||30 minutes||Used to determine new sessions or visits||Not Exempt|
|__utmc||From Third Parties (Google Analytics)||At the end of the session||It is configured for use with Urchin||Not Exempt|
|__utmz||From Third Parties (Google Analytics)||6 months||Stores the origin or campaign that explains how the user got to the web page||Not Exempt|
Can you delete cookies?
Yes. At any time you can exercise your right to delete cookies from this website. You can do it this way:
- From the configuration of your browser , there you can search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To understand the scope of disabling cookies, we show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- The web will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.